From 17 to 21 September 2012, sustainable development leaders from around the world will come together to celebrate World Green Building Week. This annual event showcases the role that sustainable buildings play in creating greener and more profitable, prosperous, productive, healthy, and empowered communities for our future.
World Green Building Week is an initiative of the World Green Building Council – a network of 90 Green Building Councils across the globe.
‘During World Green Building Week, members of the World GBC and will join together to highlight the importance of a more sustainable built environment for our future, and explore the ways we can all work together to make Green Buildings for Great Communities,’ explains the Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA).
The GBCA, will be celebrating all week long and is encouraging all stakeholders to be involved.
* Join GBCA and the Better Buildings Partnership for a gratis guided Sustainable Sydney Walking Tour. During the week, as an ongoing celebration of Sydney’s green building success, a new self-guided walking tour will be launched
* Join the Twitter conversation at 9am Tuesday 18 September with GBCA chief executive Romilly Madew and her US counterpart Rick Fedrizzi.
* Tell the GBCA how green buildings are making your community great by sharing your video on Facebook during World Green Building Week. A free ticket to a GBCA event of your choice can be won.
Property industry organisations can show their support for sustainable development by hosting their own World Green Building Week event. All registered events must be free to attend. The GBCA will choose the most creative event to be featured in the September edition of Green Building Voice.
Suggested event ideas include:
* conduct a site tour of your Green Star certified building
* host a discussion with a panel of your green building experts
* present a debate of sustainable design alternatives
* launch a new sustainable product, report or campaign
* host an interactive, online tour of your green building
The World Green Building Council Congress 2013 will be held in Cape Town, South Africa from 16 to 18 October 2013.