Built environment professionals will gain unprecedented access to cross-industry education opportunities at The Melbourne Exhibition and Convention Centre from May 10-13.
The speaker series for DesignBUILD, Total Facilities, the Be Summit and the Digital Construction Week will offer a broad range of topics and speakers for professionals across planning and construction to technology and facilities management.
Over the four days, more than 90 speakers will present on subject matters vital to the future of Australia’s built environment.
While sustainability continues to be a strong focus for discussion, other hot topics include the latest innovations in technology, the future of hybrid workforces and essential updates on compliance.
Delegates will be offered the opportunity to keep abreast of knowledge in their industry plus delve into new topics and areas of interest in adjacent industries.
As the built environment space becomes increasingly interdependent, the importance of broad knowledge is more important than ever.
Design + Build Theatre
- How the design of work spaces will need to change post-COVID
- Getting beyond carbon net zero to zero: Is it even possible for the built environment?
- Biophilic design
- Learnings from the modern slavery legislation
- The passive house attraction – why Australians are getting hooked
Digital Construction Week Theatre, sponsored by NBS
- Next generation computer vision and AI enabled technology for the architecture, design, engineering and construction sectors
- Define your digital twin strategy
- Smart buildings – how any building can become a thinking building
- When to use a life cycle cost analysis – and why
- Smart contracts and digital twins
Smart Buildings Theatre, Hosted by FMA, sponsored by Rapid Test Systems ●
- Building compliance, closing the gaps in council assets
- The future of asset maintenance
- Practical approaches to getting started on the journey to net zero emissions
- How to make existing buildings fit for the future – Fitness regime
- Six attributes that will have the greatest impact on your hybrid workplace
- Post-COVID CBDs and the future of work
- Building a people-first construction industry
- Developing a strategic blueprint to enable digital across your business
- Strength in numbers – The race to reduce embodied carbon
- What is next for technology in construction?
Sessions held at the Design + Build Theatre, the Digital Construction Week Theatre and the Smart Buildings Theatre are all free and held within the same MECC space on May 10,11 and 12.
The Be Summit is a ticketed one day event held on Friday May 13.
Comment below to have your say on this story.
If you have a news story or tip-off, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up to INCLEAN’s newsletter.