New 3M anti-slip floor coating With slips trips and falls estimated to cost Australian businesses $8.7 billioni each year, cleaning contractors and facility managers have welcomed the latest floor safety innovation from 3M Australia’s Commercial Solutions Division – 3M™ Safety-Walk™ Anti-slip Peelable Coating 3500.
This water-based floor coating was developed in Australia to improve floor safety in high-risk, wet slip areas, such as entrance ways, service corridors and bathroomsii. It is ideal for vinyl, ceramic, terrazzo and other hard floor surfaces used in commercial buildings. The product combines anti-slip properties with peelable removability.
The coating’s anti-slip properties are achieved using innovative bead technology based on micronised organic polymer spheres, which create a unique non-abrasive micro-textured surface with optimum abrasion resistance, gloss control and aesthetics.
To support the new floor coating 3M has also developed a range of companion products including edge sealer, applicator tool, 3M™ DoodleBug™ brush and floor pad brush. 3M is holding a limited number of courses to train applicators in how to apply Safety-Walk Anti-slip Peelable Floor Coating. Click here to register for a course near you.
- Meets Wet Slip Resistance (35+ BPN / P3) to AS 4586-2013 and AS/NZS 4586-2004 standardsiii
- Meets Dry Slip Resistance (0.6+ COF)iii
- Combines anti-slip properties with peelable removability
- Easy to apply and clean
- Water based with no harmful odour
- Conforms to grout lines
- Minimal change to floor gloss and clarity
- Patch repairable
- Does not require water in application or removal
- Developed in Australia, globally patented technology
- Ideal for commercial building floors in high risk slippery areas including entrance ways, bathroom access ways, service corridors, bathroom wash basin areas and staff rooms and kitchen areasiv
- INCLEAN Innovation Award (Janitorial category) winner at AUSCLEAN 2014
Easy to apply, easy to remove
The anti-slip peelable coating is a new addition to 3M’s range of workplace safety solutions including floor coating finishes, entrance, safety and anti-fatigue matting, anti-slip traction tapes, and sorbents to soak up liquid spills. For more information about 3M Cleaning and Workplace Safety Solutions, please visit www.3m.com/au/safety-walkpeelablecoating, call 136 136 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Copyright 2015
3M, Safety-Walk and Doodlebug are trademarks of 3M Company.
iiUnder wash basins
iiiAt time of application
ivNot suitable for commercial kitchens serving > 100 meals a day