The Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC), a division of ISSA, has accredited 13 new facilities through its GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation Program, including Hyatt, Hilton, United Scrap Metal, and Centerplate locations.
GBAC STAR is the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response, and recovery accreditation for facilities.
“There’s a reason why facilities in 79 countries to date are turning to GBAC STAR accreditation,” said GBAC executive director, Patricia Olinger.
“The program not only helps organisations better understand the necessary protocols and tools for cleaning and disinfecting their facilities, but it helps them remain accountable for these processes so they can provide the safest environments possible.”
As part of its Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts is working toward accreditation for all of its hotel properties.
To date, 20 Hyatt locations have been accredited across the United States, China, Thailand, Ukraine, and more.
GBAC STAR also has gained ground among other hotel brands and independent locations. Because the program is designed for facilities of all sizes and types, it has also been adopted by stadiums and arenas, restaurants, corporate locations, and more.
The following facilities have earned GBAC STAR accreditation this week:
- Grand Hyatt Chengdu in Chengdu, China
- Hyatt Centric Old Town Alexandria in Alexandria, Va.
- Hyatt Place Indianapolis Downtown in Indianapolis
- Hyatt Regency Bangkok Sukhumvit in Bangkok, Thailand
- Hyatt Regency Orlando in Orlando, Fla.
- Hyatt Regency Portland at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, Ore.
- Hyatt Regency Shenzhen Airport in Shenzhen, China
- Hyatt Regency Xi’an in Xi’an, China
- Hilton West Palm Beach in West Palm Beach, Fla.
- United Scrap Metal in Richmond, Va.
- United Scrap Metal in Shelbyville, Ind.
- United Scrap Metal in St. Louis, Mo.
- Centerplate ISG España at Wanda Metropolitano Stadium, home to the Spanish football club Atlético Madrid in Madrid, Spain.
“GBAC STAR accreditation takes an organisation’s health and safety pledge to new heights,” said ISSA executive director, John Barrett.
“We are thrilled that so many facilities are finding value in this program and are making improvements to how they clean and disinfect to better protect their visitors and staff members.”
To review a full list of GBAC STAR accredited facilities, committed facilities, and industry supporters, visit gbac.issa.com/gbac-star-facilities-and-supporters/.
INCLEAN is published by Intermedia on behalf of ISSA
Comment below to have your say on this story.
If you have a news story or tip-off, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up to INCLEAN’s newsletter.